It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Recommended Materials

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anterior Ankle Impingement
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:39 pm 

A forceful dorsiflexion of my right foot when attempting an arm jump.

It happened nearly 3 months ago. I rested for 1-2 months with no impact training, sticking strictly to barbell strength work. Pain nearly went away completely. Just recently returned to parkour training. After the first few days, it was a bit sore. Two more power-oriented training days aggravated it (strides, precisions, wall passes, etc). Now its sore and tender and painful when bearing weight and dorsiflexed.

School is about to start back up, so I'll be returning to barbell training with minimal parkour training. I have no problem resting for an extended period of time (well, maybe a little), but I would like to know what else I could do for rehab, as well as prevention.

Any recommended treatment would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Anterior Ankle Impingement
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:30 am 

Haha, first time I'm self linking this forum but yeah there's a thread on this already:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8

Mobility and non-impact work for now until it starts feeling better. Don't go into much impact work just yet... take it easy and build up the strength and mobility.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:53 pm 

Haha, wow. The forum is so new that I didn't even think to look if there was already a topic. Are there any particular ankle strength exercises that I should focus on? What about ice, heat or massage?

Thanks, Steven.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:31 pm 

tom coppola wrote:
Haha, wow. The forum is so new that I didn't even think to look if there was already a topic. Are there any particular ankle strength exercises that I should focus on? What about ice, heat or massage?

Thanks, Steven.

If it hurts to walk on ice is probably better unless it doesn't help. Else heat, but only if it doesn't make it swell up and it helps increase mobility.

Ankle strength you can do foot drills and therabands work. Foot drills are in the shoes, sitting, etc. article on the 4th page.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:49 pm 

I am curious if you got this fixed Tom,

I had mine mobilized in PT class a couple days ago... grade 5 talar distraction and it popped back in place. No more anterior ankle impingement for me.

If you still have it after the mobilization stuff not working it may be a good idea to see a chiro or PT to see if they can do this manipulation for you. Tell them that you have some anterior ankle impingement and the talus may be subluxed and out of place.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]